So have you ever been bothered by/thought it was weird when you’ve had to go to a study group or take a final on a Saturday? Well, think again. The kids, yes little children mind you, had to make up a few missed days of school from a rain storm not only on a Saturday but also Sunday! WHA??? Haha, ya crazy! They were seriously in school Monday through the entire weekend and don’t get a break until the National holiday which starts this upcoming Thursday. So they will have be in school consecutively from Monday until the next Wednesday all day long. I can’t believe they are able to do that but we just went with it and taught our kids on a Saturday! Luckily, ILP has a rule against us teaching on Sunday so the school couldn’t ask us to but the kids still had class from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. I don’t know how they do it. They are probably going to be exhausted by the time this week is over but luckily it is the national holiday or else it would be even longer because we are teaching the Saturday (and they do have class that Sunday) after we get back from the holiday. It was fun though, I was teaching my kids a science lesson on plants and one of the options in the text book was to compare different types of fruits and vegetables and talk about how they are plants. So, I went to the fruit market behind the school and picked up some fruits and veggies and my kids loved it. We decided whether each one was a fruit or vegetable, where it grows, what part of the plant you eat, if you eat it raw or cooked, and which one was everyone’s favorite. So of course, we all had to taste each one! They loved it. We had a lot of fun and I even got one of the other teachers in my group to take some pictures so I’ll have to put them on my photobucket. I haven’t been able to figure out how to put pictures on my blog yet while I’m here but I do have pictures in photobucket. You can go to photobucket.com then in the search bar type hilbil27. It will pull up a window that says “No matches were found to your search request”…BUT further down the page it says, “Are you looking for the Photobucket user hilbil27? Click here to see this user’s album”. There are a ton of pictures on there and they aren’t really edited so there might be some weird ones but that’s what I’ve got for now! I have some more on my camera I need to upload but I will do that soon. Do enjoy though and post some comments on them there or on my blog or even email me! I’d love to hear from you! Thanks for all your support while I’ve been here. I honestly love it so much here and LOVE teaching. The kids are so adorable and try so hard to tell you what they are trying to say in English. They are so fun.
I also have to tell you that we found a Subway…same amazing experience like Pizza Hut. I tell you…once you leave the states and live in a place that serves you chicken feet as one of the options (this happened for the first time today in the cafeteria and I barely had enough of an appetite to eat the rice and snow peas I got) you really learn to appreciate the option of a simple sandwich! Haha. I loved it though and we will definitely be venturing back to Subway in a while just because it is so nice to bite into a sandwich for once! It was so good!! We also found a grocery store with Land o’ Lakes CHEESE!! We are going to buy some bread and make grilled cheese sandwiches this week, we can’t wait! Haha. Don’t get me wrong though, I really am loving the adventures we are having with all the different foods we are trying here but finding American items like cheese, milk, butter, and even sliced bread is so great! Hahaha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment