Today was a good day, with once again…a new twist to the schedule! Haha :). We decided that our kids are not quite ready for the level they are scheduled to be at so we will be teaching them the level below which is SPE’s again. This isn’t bad news because I do feel like I know what I am doing better with those levels. It’s just funny though cuz I’ve been stressing the last few days about the textbook material and trying to get used to the new stuff and we aren’t even going to be teaching that stuff at all. It will be good though! So, after this next month you are going to be able to call me the Arts & Crafts Queen because we are supposed to do the same SPE for the entire first month! On that same note, if you have any cute arts & crafts ideas for seven to eight year olds let me know! I really am excited and very relieved now that we know what we’re doing and that the kids are going to understand what is going on much better. And, you KNOW they just loved the caterpillars and butterflies we made during the first week of school so we’re just bound to have a blast! I started hanging up the caterpillars in the grass on the wall for decorations today and still need to get those butterflies and other cute stuff up there to make our room more complete and exciting to come to.
Speaking of my kids that I teach, if you ever need a self-esteem boost just talk to one of them and they’ll put you in your place haha…During the kids ten minute break between classes I was in the hall and a few of my girls were out there messing around and came over and were playing with me. Well, I was wearing my new dress today that goes down to my ankles but has an empire waist (so no distinction of curves at the waist whatsoever) and one of the girls puts her hand on my stomach and says, “Baby…baby!” The other girls all agreed and did the same thing while laughing, hahaha. It was seriously so funny. I heard the Chinese people would tell us what they thought of us without worrying about offending us but I was just expecting it from the older people we ran into on the streets, not my kids at school! But I really didn’t care because my dress most likely could fit my 6 month pregnant sis-in-law Aubrey but I don’t really know because I haven’t seen her since June! So yes…if you ever want to hear what little Chinese kids really think of your appearance let me know and I can find a picture of ya and show them and see what they say! Haha :). They are such goof balls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment