The last two days have been spent doing our "lasts" here in China. It's crazy to think that these four months are already up but it sure is exciting to be going home as well.
Tuesday Aimee, Kim, Sarah, Ashley, and I went back to Walking Street for our last time. I decided it was vital for me to get boots while here in China because everyone else was and it is just so worth it! There are tons of shoe stores at Walking Street just packed with boots so it was my goal to find some I liked. Don't worry Mom, I did it! I found some and bought them! Yeah yeah! :)
We pretty much just window shopped or bought other little inexpensive items. We had fun and then got drenched as we ran to catch the bus thinking we were going to miss it. Aimee, Kim, and I thought we were going to slip and die because we were not prepared for the rain whatsoever. We were in flip flops, t-shirts, and capris! It was pretty hilarious. All the Chinese people around us had umbrellas and were looking like we were insane!
We met up with the rest of our group at the Northern Chinese Restaurant because Vivi and Gloria wanted to take us out to dinner one last time. It was so great to be with everyone with those two because we have really all become such great friends with them. They are so sweet and have helped us out with everything we want to do or have concerns about. I've loved having Vivi as our Chinese teacher and studying their language with her.
We had fun at dinner in our little separate room from the rest of the restaurant. We were squished around a 12 person table with 17 of us. But we totally made it work and had a blast!
We tried a Korean dish...Kimchi. It was actually not as bad as I was expecting it to be but I didn't really enjoy it.
We also went to the bakery to grab some last minute baked goods. Those will be missed...
Today we went on a walk to get pictures of our soon to be old home. We walked to the One Plus One, took Kim's fish Ping she got a few weeks ago to drop him off in the lake, and then walked the long way home to pass a bunch of places we've been wanting to get pictures of. We stopped at the noodle place a couple times to get noodles. They already knew we were headed back to America from other people in our group so Gen told them, "Wo ai ni de mian". Which means I love your noodles! The lady loved that she said that even though she should know because we have been there so often!!
Gen and I went to say goodbye to our kids right before lunch. Their normal teacher wasn't there so we didn't want to interrupt their class so we just waited until they headed to dinner. They saw us out side of their classroom a couple minutes before it got out and couldn't wait to come see us. They were so sad. They knew it was the last time we were going to see them and it's so sad!!
It's hard to think it is the last time we will ever see them. We gave each of them our email address but who knows if they'll lose it or even feel confident enough with their English to email us. I love them and couldn't believe it was our last time with them.
For the night we decided we'd be pulling an all nighter since our bus is picking us up to take us to Hong Kong at 4 AM. So, it's now 3 AM and we're just about ready to get going! We've watched a movie and just stayed up talking in Aimee, Sierra, and Emily's room. I'm definitely planning on sleeping on the bus and the flights so I'll be catching up on my sleep there.
Well, this is the last time I'll be posting on my blog from China. Can't believe we're already going home. Four months ago seems like a lifetime ago yet at the same time it feels like there's no way it's already time to be leaving. I've loved it so much here. I love my kids so much and am going to miss them a ton. I love the country of China and have loved getting to travel throughout the country. It's been an amazing experience I wouldn't change for anything. Love you China!! We will miss many things about you!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment