Friday, December 4


Today was a great day. I'm not tootin my own horn or anything but I made the cutest Christmas tree out of the options I had this afternoon! It's pretty much a tube with pipe cleaners as the branches, plastic beads for ornaments and then a foam star on top. It actually worked quite well and my kids loved it too! I was just excited that I'd figured out a way to have a Christmas tree!
In class we wrote letters to Santa to tell him what we wanted for Christmas. My kids were very enthused to do it and were throwing out words left and right for what they wanted so that I could write it on the board for them to be able to write it in their letters. They said they wanted candy necklaces, kites, Christmas trees, toys, teddy bears, candy, and even some ice cream and hamburgers. I'm pretty sure they were just saying foods because they didn't have anything else they could think of to receive as a gift in English but it works, right? I mean, Santa only delivers what...ten hours before we open our presents so I'm sure the ice cream wouldn't melt by then. But then again, maybe Santa would just put it wrapped in the freezer for ya since he really does know what he's doing.
If they had time they drew pictures of what they wanted as well on their letters which really just ended up being Christmas trees or snowmen but it was still very cute! I hung them up right after class so that they would already be there the next time they come to class.
We had a lot of fun today. I took a few pictures between classes and recorded them doing their New Year's Eve dance we've been working on for weeks. Some of them just love being in front of the camera and getting in every picture while others like to dodge out of them...Emmy, which kills me because she's one of my favorites! But don't you worry I did get a couple shots of her today anyways!

The rest of the day was filled with dinner, Chinese class learning animals and objects around the classroom, and hanging out in our apartments like usual! We watched The Office with quite the crowd today..Shantel, Sierra, Ashley, and Sara joined us which was great to have more than just three or four of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment