Tuesday, November 24

New Moon and sweet students

Okay, I wasn't expecting to get to see the Twilight Saga until I got home which at first I was not very excited about but then became content with. I've been noticing on Facebook that everyone and their dog has been to it and loved it or liked it or all of the above and just thought man, it would be nice if that were a possibility but since it's not who cares...

Oh...was that changed tonight!

At dinner I was informed that we were having a combined FHE at 7 pm a.k.a. everyone was invited. I thought this was a little strange since I am an FHE group leader that I wasn't informed whatsoever but thought nothing of it and was just a little relieved by the fact that I didn't have to plan anything for the night.

We were told by Shantel that it was a surprise about what we were doing, that it wasn't really a spiritual FHE so she'd make up for it later ;), and that we couldn't know who had planned it.

Once again, didn't know what that meant but didn't really care! haha. I didn't have any idea what was going on even when everyone started freaking out when we were all meeting in front of the school. I just couldn't figure out what could be that excited that everyone could be that thrilled, I mean if it's something like free ice cream or even an American treat no one knew was coming I still wouldn't be THAT excited. It was so funny. It was supposed to be a secret so no one was spilling the beans but people just kept figuring it out by connecting the dots.

I seriously did not have any dots to connect though! Sierra turned to me and said, "Hil think about it." And I responded, "Think about what?? I haven't heard anything to THINK about!" Haha. Then she said, "K...Old Sun." I stood there for one second and then scream out loud!

Don't ask how we got the chance to watch New Moon in China...just know we absolutely loved that we got to! It was all thanks to Caleb W. and his mad skills. It was an amazing movie but I can't wait to see it again in a few weeks when the quality is a little better...

I gotta tell ya, you don't know what you've got until you're in a foreign country feeling completely disconnected from your world and can't even watch a movie that you've known about for months to come!


Today was also a fun adventure for classes as well.
Gen and I teach the same 23 students and just split them up and then rotate. Well, today we got to class to discover that we wouldn't be having class 7th period so we'd just be teaching them for 40 minutes instead of an hour and 40 minutes. The entire school would be cleaning their classrooms during that time so there ya go!

Our Chinese Teacher told us she's have a couple students stay with us to help clean and Annie and Emmy were the lucky ones! So, we got some brooms and a mop and got to work! We started in Gen's room but once Emmy and I were both done sweeping in there we moved to my classroom.

Well, lets just say not TOO much sweeping actually happened. Don't worry, we got the job done but we laughed so hard my insides hurt. We were racing back and forth seeing who could touch the wall first for no apparent reason. Then, we got our brooms in the air and would try to touch the ceiling...I would obviously reach so Emmy had to get a stool to try to touch it too. She was just giggling the entire time. I helped her out and lifted her up cuz she was only a couple inches away.

She coughed once while we were sweeping so I asked her if she was sick and she said she wasn't then I coughed so she asked if I was sick. We went back and forth doing that for a while too! Even with a language barrier I just can't resist these kids and just trying to talk to them as much as possible.
I asked Emmy how to say I love you in Chinese even though I secretly already knew. She told me so I said, "Wo ai ni Emmy" and she giggled and said nuhuh! So apparently she doesn't love me back but I know she's lyin. We have too too much fun for her to not love me like I love that girl.

1 comment:

  1. From all I've heard, I'm pretty sure they love you... FYI-Chels and I have decided we would make the ultimate sacrifice and attend New Moon with you when you return. (Don't tell dad! ha ha)

    ReplyDelete